Monday, June 18, 2012

When life gives you lemons...

Hi there!!!!!

      Well, where to start? Life doesn't always works out as planned but in the spirit of embracing it's twists and turns I've decided to make lemonade of the lemons that have fallen on me (yes, they hurt pretty bad when they fell). It's been a couple of tough years for me and I've decided there is no way for me to go but forward. You win some, you lose some, the important things is to keep living...

      Someone I love said to me not long ago that if my life didn't work out as I had planned it maybe it was time for me to start living without a plan. 


      Baking came to me almost 4 years ago when I decided I wanted to bake my daughters first birthday cake. She was a miracle baby and I wanted that day to be absolutely perfect, even if she wasn't going to remember it. So I asked for some help from a dear friend from college and she gave me the starting piece of this puzzle... a cake recipe. I started practicing making the batter, tweaking it to my taste, started decorating the shaped cake I wanted for the birthday, those first weeks were all about trial and error. The day came and it wasn't the perfect cake, it didn't have the best taste but I was so proud because I knew that those pictures that were taken, those memories that had been made were going to be with me forever. I made it my mission to keep on reading, learning, practicing and get better and I have.


      I will be sharing new things to come as I move forward without a plan, growing, learning, maturing and finally allowing myself to do what makes me happy. I'm never as happy as when I'm baking... This will be a tool for me to hopefully make new friends, share knowledge and techniques, grow as a person and if it's in the cards for me turn my dream of having a business in a reality so stay with me...


Luz


P.D.


Here's a picture of that first cake... what do you think?



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment